Production for She Kills Monsters has been delayed. “But fear not, ADVENTURERS,” for we will reschedule in a couple of weeks. New dates and an updated sign up link will be available soon. Those who have already signed up will have the same time slot reserved.
She Kills Monsters: Virtual Realms — Virtual Auditions
LOOKING FOR: Men and women ages 13-20! No previous theatre experience is required to participate. All are welcome.
Performances: The performance will stream online on September 1.
She Kills Monsters: Virtual Realms, by playwright Qui Nguyen, is a dramatic comedic romp into the world of fantasy role-playing games that pays homage to the geek and warrior within us all. With its unique voice, the play addresses sensitive issues related to teenagers, such as bullying, social pressure, identity and dealing with grief.
If interested in auditioning, take note of the following:
The Virtual Realms edition has been adapted by the playwright for the virtual stage. Rehearsals will be conducted online and, if possible, in-person, following safety guidelines.
- As this is a “virtual” performance, you must have access to a computer or tablet with a functional camera and microphone. If this will prohibit you from participating, please contact QCT.
- Similarly, you must have access to reliable internet service to participate in the virtual rehearsals and the performance recording. If this will prohibit you from participating, please contact QCT.
- Auditions will be held as individual 10-minute sessions via Zoom video chat. Instructions on accessing the appropriate Zoom meeting room will be sent to you prior to the audition.
- To prepare for the audition, please read the entire script:
(password: membership) Specific pages that will be used for the audition will be announced at a later date. Check the QCT website and/or Facebook page.
- Performers age 13 – 20, of all experience levels, are welcome to audition.
In this dark comedy, varsity cheerleader Agnes dives into her late sister Tilly’s Dungeons and Dragons game to learn more about a sibling she never really understood. Alongside Tilly’s geeky friends, Agnes battles her way through psychotic fairies, shapeshifting slime monsters and wisecracking demons while juggling her own (equally treacherous) high-school social life.