QCT Virtual Playwrights Festival Auditions
AUDITIONS: June 6 & 7
LOOKING FOR: Men and women ages 12 and up! No previous theatre experience is required to participate. All are welcome.
Rehearsals: June 8 – 12, 2020. The minimum commitment is for two (2) 1-hour rehearsals, plus one (1) 1-hour technical rehearsal/recording session. Additional rehearsal time may be scheduled, if necessary.
Performances: June 13-14
Auditions are now open for Quincy Community Theatre’s first-ever Virtual Playwrights Festival!
The Virtual Playwrights Festival is a two-night event featuring world premiere readings of original short plays, written by the students of QCT’s Virtual Playwriting Class. Over the past four weeks, two groups of student playwrights (one of teens and the other of adults) have worked with QCT Head of Education Brendan Shea to craft original plays inspired by a weekly writing challenge. The class now culminates in this excting performance opportunity to bring each student playwright’s favorite short work to life!
The Virtual Playwrights Festival will be a “socially distanced” theatre experience, meaning that the performance will be recorded via video chat, then streamed live on YouTube and Facebook. Rehearsals will similarly be held via video chat platform.
Since this festival of short plays will rehearse for only a week before their “virtual debut,” this is a perfect opportunity for performers who have always wanted to participate in a QCT performance, but were unable to commit to a long-term rehearsal obligation!
A few more things to keep in mind before you sign up:
1. As this is a “virtual” performance, you must have access to a computer or smart device with a functional camera and microphone.
2. Similarly, you must have access to reliable internet service to participate in the virtual rehearsals and the performance recording.
3. Rehearsals will take place the week of June 8 – 12, 2020. The minimum commitment is for two (2) 1-hour rehearsals, plus one (1) 1-hour technical rehearsal/recording session. Additional rehearsal time may be scheduled, if necessary.
4. IMPORTANT: Auditions will be held as individual 15-minute sessions via Zoom video chat. Instructions on accessing the appropriate Zoom meeting room will be sent to you upon registration.
5. You do not need to prepare anything for the audition. Sides will be provided at audition time via screen share.
6. Performers age 12 and up, of all experience levels, are welcome to audition.
Audition appointments are also available by calling 217-222-3209.