At Quincy Community Theatre, our mission is to offer and perpetuate quality theatre entertainment and education in the performing arts through community participation. It is therefore our aim to employ qualified theatrical professionals with a love of the arts and a passion for sharing that love with others.
We are currently hiring the following positions: Marketing Manager, Assistant Technical Director
Quincy Community Theatre seeks a dynamic and experienced Marketing Manager. This candidate will possess the skills necessary who will create, implement, and manage the marketing strategy of the organization as it pertains to our mission to offer and perpetuate quality entertainment and education in the performing arts. Responsibilities of the position will fall into three main areas – creativity, collaboration, and community.
- Research, develop, and implement a comprehensive marketing plan to promote the theatre, its productions, its volunteer efforts, and its programming.
- Create consistency in QCT’s overall brand – visually and in written form.
- Design brochures, ads, posters, stagebills, and more.
- Write press releases, news articles, blog posts, emails, and commercial ad copy.
- Manage and update the QCT website.
- Coordinate the photo needs of the organization.
- Oversee the window display, lobby set up, and theatre signage needs of each show.
- Manage the organization’s social media accounts.
- Work with the close-knit staff on marketing strategy, volunteer relations, administrative duties, and more.
- Serve as the lead liaison to the volunteer marketing committee.
- Build relationships with other arts marketing professionals in the area to work on cross-promotion strategies.
- Work with and serve alongside QCT’s amazing volunteers.
- Develop relationships with local media representatives.
- Be a positive representation of QCT in the community.
Quincy Community Theatre began in 1923 and is surrounded by a dedicated community that wants to see the organization thrive. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to enhance the marketing and communications efforts of the theatre, work with an incredibly talented staff, and join an enthusiastic and supportive community.
Previous marketing experience is a requirement for the position. The salary range of the position is $35,000-40,000.
To learn more about QCT, visit www.1qct.org. To apply for the position, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio which details previous experience to Executive Director Burgundy Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Technical Director
This position reports to and works under the supervision of the Technical Director. The position oversees and manages all aspects of the scene shop and leads shop construction efforts.
- Assists in the set build, maintains lumber stock, cleans and organizes materials, oversees inventory, and manages volunteers when they are present.
- Oversees the recruitment and training of crew for each production.
- Oversees tech set up and execution of theatre rentals.
- Assists the Technical Director in design or other duties as able or interested.
Job skills & qualifications:
- Carpentry and painting
- Ability to read to scale renderings
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards
- Excellent organization, communication and problem solving skills
This is a full-time, hourly position with a range of $15-16/hour based on experience and knowledge.
To learn more about QCT, visit www.1qct.org. To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Burgundy Hill at email@example.com.