August 31-September 1
Student Theatre Main Stage Play
THE WINTER WONDERETTES
Main Stage Musical
Company Meeting and Read Through: August 3
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will be held in the evenings, Monday-Friday. Actors may not be called for every rehearsal, or for the full length of a rehearsal. Some weekend rehearsals will be required. A more detailed rehearsal schedule will be determined based on actor availability.
Tech Weekend: September 4 & 6
Dress Rehearsals: September 7 & 8
Performances: September 10-13 & 18-20
Preview performance September 9 & 17
- READ: Please come prepared to read selections from the script. We suggest that auditionees read the entire script before auditioning. CLICK HERE to view an online copy of LEND ME A TENOR. NOTE: Password information is required. Call the QCT Box Office at (217) 222-3209 for more information.
- REVIEW: Please review the following AUDITION TIPS.
- BRING: Please come with a full list of any conflicts you may have during the rehearsal and performance periods.
- CALL: To schedule an audition appointment time, please call the QCT Box Office at 217-222-3209.
- ARRIVE: Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment to fill out an audition form if you have not already done so.
- ENTER: Please enter through the STAGE DOOR on the south side of the Oakley-Lindsay Center. Auditions are in the Lab Theatre.
- REMEMBER: Make strong choices and take risks!
Director | BRANDON THOMSEN
Scenic Designer | TBA
Stage Manager | TBA
LEND ME A TENOR is a zany farce, complete with mistaken identities, misunderstandings, mixed signals, and doors…lots of doors! This raucous comedy, set in the 1930s, follows the fiery-tempered, world famous Italian superstar Tito Merelli as he arrives in Cleveland, OH to make his debut with the local opera company; then promptly goes missing. When the show’s producer conspires to cover for Tito’s absence, placate his hot-blooded wife, and distract his most passionate fans, these unsuspecting Ohioans realize just how many things can go wrong in one brief but action-packed evening!
- MAX – assistant to Saunders
- MAGGIE – Max’s girlfriend
- SAUNDERS – Maggie’s father, General Manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company
- TITO MERELLI – a world-famous tenor, known also to his fans as Il Stupendo
- MARIA – Tito’s wife
- BELLHOP – a bellhop
- DIANA – a soprano
- JULIA – Chairman of the Opera Guild