DATE: March 27 & 28 by appointment. Callbacks, if necessary, will be March 29. You will be notified if you need to be there.
LOOKING FOR: Women ages 40+
Online Sign Up Access Code:
Company Meeting and Read Through: Tuesday, April 4
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will be held in the evenings, Monday-Friday. Actors may not be called for every rehearsal, or for the full length of a rehearsal. Some Saturday rehearsals may be required. A more detailed rehearsal schedule will be determined based on actor availability. COMMITMENT DATES: April 4-May 21. Due to the small cast and short rehearsal period, it is essential that every actress be able to attend her scheduled rehearsals.
Tech Weekend: May 6 & 7
Dress Rehearsals: May 8 & 9
Sponsor/Nursing Home Performance: May 10
Performances: May 11-14 & 19-21
- READ: Please come prepared to read selections from the script. We suggest that auditionees read the entire script before auditioning. CLICK HERE to view an online copy of THE DIXIE SWIM CLUB. NOTE: Password information is required. Call the QCT Box Office at (217) 222-3209 and press 3 for more information.
- REVIEW: Please review the following AUDITION TIPS.
- CALL: To schedule a 40-minute audition appointment, please call the QCT Box Office at 217-222-3209.
- BRING: Please come with a full list of any conflicts you may have during the rehearsal and performance periods.
- COMPLETE: You may print and complete this AUDITION FORM. Audition forms will also be available at the theatre.
- ARRIVE: Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment to fill out an audition form if you have not already done so.
- ENTER: Please enter through the STAGE DOOR on the south side of the Oakley-Lindsay Center. Auditions are in the Lab Theatre.
- REMEMBER: Make strong choices and take risks!
Director | BRANDON THOMSEN
Stage Manager | TBA
Their college swim team days are over, but the bond they made is unbreakable. THE DIXIE SWIM CLUB is the touching and hilarious story of five very different women who meet every August at a beach house to rekindle their relationship. Free from husbands, careers, and kids, their long weekends bring love, challenges, and support, strengthening the connections they made those many years ago. Fans of Steel Magnolias and The Golden Girls will adore this outrageous comedy about friendships that last forever.
- Sheree: the spunky team captain. Desperately tries to maintain her organized and “perfect” life and continues to be the group’s leader.
- Dinah: the wisecracking overachiever. A career dynamo. Her victories in the courtroom are in stark contrast to the frustrations of her personal life.
- Lexie: pampered and outspoken. Is determined to hold on to her looks and youth as long as possible. She enjoys being married—over and over and over again.
- Vernadette: self-deprecating and acerbic. Acutely aware of the dark cloud that hovers over her life and has decided to just give in and embrace the chaos.
- Jeri Neal: sweet, eager-to-please. Experiences a late entry into motherhood that takes them all by surprise.
Online Sign Up Access Code:
Audition appointments are also available by calling 217-222-3209.