January 16 & 17
Main Stage Musical
MEN & WOMEN AGES 18+
and one role for a young boy (age 9-11)
DATE: October 2 & 3, by appointment
LOOKING FOR: Men & Women ages 18+. No previous theatre experience is required to participate. All are welcome.
Online Sign Up Access Code:
Company Meeting and Read Through: Tuesday, October 10
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will be held in the evenings, Monday-Friday. Performers may not be called for every rehearsal or for the full length of a rehearsal. Some Saturday rehearsals may be required. A more detailed rehearsal schedule will be determined based on actors’ availability. COMMITMENT DATES: October 10-December 10. No performer may miss his/her scheduled rehearsal after Friday, November 3.
Tech Weekend: November 25 & 26
Dress Rehearsals: Nov. 27 & 28
Sponsor/Nursing Home Performances: Nov. 29, Dec. 6 & 7
Performances: Nov. 29-Dec. 3 & 8-10
- READ: Please come prepared to read selections from the script. We suggest that auditionees read the entire script before auditioning.
View an online copy of the script: CLICK HERE
NOTE: Password information is required. Call the QCT Box Office at (217) 222-3209 and press 3 for more information.
- REVIEW: Please review the following AUDITION TIPS.
- CALL: To schedule a 40-minute audition appointment, please register online (see above) or call the QCT Box Office at 217-222-3209.
- PREPARE: One minute of a song of your choice. Please bring sheet music to your audition. An accompanist will be provided.
- BRING: Please come with a full list of any conflicts you may have during the rehearsal and performance periods.
- COMPLETE: You may print and complete this AUDITION FORM. Audition forms will also be available at the theatre.
- ARRIVE: Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment to fill out an audition form if you have not already done so.
- ENTER: Please enter through the STAGE DOOR on the south side of the Oakley-Lindsay Center. Auditions are in the Lab Theatre.
- REMEMBER: Make strong choices and take risks!
Director | BRANDON THOMSEN
Stage Manager | TBA
Georg and Amalia work together…and they hate each other. After the shop is closed, they find solace in their anonymous romantic pen pals. When love takes an unexpected turn, the pair discovers that perhaps they’ve found love in someone they never would have imagined. Based on a play that became the film, You’ve Got Mail, this romantic musical by the composers of Fiddler on the Roof will have laughs roaring and hearts soaring!
All roles are available. Ages are of the characters and need not be the actual age of the actors portraying them.
Arpad Laszlo—age 15-20
Ladislav Sipos (See-pohs)—age 35-50
Ilona Ritter—age 35-45
Steven Kodaly (Ko-die)—age 30-45
Georg Nowack (George No-vack)—age 28-40
Mr. Maraczek (Mara-check)—age 60-75
Amalia Balash (Uh-mahlia Bah-lush)—age 25-35
Online Sign Up Access Code:
Audition appointments are also available by calling 217-222-3209.