Open to all! No experience necessary!
May 20 & 21
Main Stage Musical
MEN & WOMEN AGES 13+
THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME
July 22 & 23
Main Stage Play
MEN & WOMEN AGES 14+
THE BOXCAR CHILDREN
Main Stage play
GRADES 3-12 & AGES 18+
EVERY CHRISTMAS STORY EVER TOLD (AND THEN SOME)
October 7 & 8
Main Stage Play
MEN & WOMEN AGES 18+
AUDITIONS for BYE BYE BIRDIE
AUDITIONS: May 20-21, by appointment.
LOOKING FOR: Women & Men ages 13+. No previous theatre experience is required to participate. All are welcome.
First Company Meeting: Tuesday, May 28
Rehearsals: Mondays-Fridays, anywhere between 6pm-10pm, and occasional weekend rehearsals, based on actors’ availability
Tech Weekend: Saturday & Sunday, July 13-14
Dress Rehearsals: Monday & Tuesday, July 15-16
Sponsor Performances: July 17 & 24
Performances: July 18-21 & 25-28
- READ: Please come prepared to read selections from the script. We suggest that auditionees read the entire script before auditioning.
View an online copy of the script: CLICK HERE
NOTE: Password information is required. Call the QCT Box Office at (217) 222-3209 and press 3 for more information.
- REVIEW: Please review the following AUDITION TIPS.
- CALL: To schedule an audition appointment, please register online (see above) or call the QCT Box Office at 217-222-3209.
- PREPARE: Come prepared to sing 60 seconds of a song. If not singing a song from the show, choose a song that is in the STYLE of the show, and bring sheet music. Be familiar with the story and characters. You will be asked to read sections of several different scenes.
- BRING: Come with a full list of any conflicts you may have during the rehearsal and performance periods.
- COMPLETE: You may print and complete this AUDITION FORM. Audition forms will also be available at the theatre.
- ARRIVE: Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment to fill out an audition form if you have not already done so.
- ENTER: Please enter through the STAGE DOOR on the south side of the Oakley-Lindsay Center. Auditions are in the Lab Theatre.
- REMEMBER: Make strong choices and take risks!
Albert, Rosie – 7-8
Ursula, Kim – 15
Mrs. MacAfee, Kim – 16-17
Mae, Albert – 22
Hugo, Kim, Deborah Sue, Alice – 28, 29, 30
Mayor, Ursula – 32
Mr. MacAfee – 36-37
Gloria, Albert, Mae – 41-42
Conrad – 52, 55
Conrad, Deborah Sue, Alice, Kim – 56
Hugo, Maude – 60
Rosie, Maude – 60-61
Mae – 66
Randolph- 67 (lyrics)
It’s 1958 and Conrad Birdie fever is sweeping the nation! There’s just one problem: this rock-and-roll phenomenon has been drafted. To keep his stardom alive, his agents give away “one last kiss” from the superstar to a teen named Kim. Now Conrad is headed straight to her Midwestern town — chaos in tow! BYE BYE BIRDIE is an electrifying, hilarious, and absolutely joyful musical you won’t want to miss!
Director | Brandon Thomsen
Stage Manager | Vicky Vail
Costume Designer | Christianne Bakewell
Scenic Designer | Lorne Kelley
Vocal Director | Elizabeth Mannhardt
Conductor | Gayle Tenhouse
Choreographer | Cheryl Kaiser
Click here for a complete list of characters:
Audition appointments are also available by calling 217-222-3209.