Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
Ring in the holiday season with one of the most beautiful stories ever told and one of the most popular musicals of all time! This production is sure to be the community event of the year.
Cruel and vain, a prince is cursed to live as a hideous beast unless he learns to love and be loved in return. Strong-willed and smart, Belle is a lonely outsider in her small village. Although the Beast imprisons her, it may be Belle that captures his heart. Can true love prevail and have the power to transform in this enchanting tale as old as time?
ACTING/SINGING AUDITIONS: September 18-19, 2021
BASIC DANCE AUDITION: September 19, 2021
ADVANCED DANCE AUDITION: September 20, 2021
CALLBACKS: September 20-21, 2021
LOOKING FOR performers 16+ and one small child to play Chip. All experience levels are encouraged to audition.
- First rehearsal: September 28, 2021
- Tech/Dress: November 15-21
- Dress Rehearsal: November 22
- Preview Performances: November 23
- Rehearsal, as needed: November 24
- No rehearsal on Thanksgiving, November 25
- Public Performances: November 26-28, December 2-5
If interested in auditioning, take note of the following:
For everyone’s protection and peace of mind, Quincy Community Theatre requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for our actors, production team, orchestra, and crew (ages 16+) involved with our production of Beauty and the Beast.
- Your initial audition will be held as a 10-minute individual appointment in person at QCT. During this time, you will sing a song that you have prepared ahead of time. You need only sing approx. 60 seconds of a song (16-32 measures).
- You are encouraged to have your audition song memorized and to bring sheet music for the piano accompanist. Select a song that is in the musical style of Beauty and the Beast. (You are welcome to sing from the show, if you’d like)
- After you sing your prepared audition song, you will read selections from the script, which be assigned to you in that moment. Specific pages that may be used are posted below.
- You are encouraged to read the entire script prior to auditioning so that you are familiar with the characters and the story. You may access the script HERE. If asked for a password, the password is membership
- Sign up for your singing/acting audition appointment HERE.
- You will also need to sign up for a dance audition. If you feel confident with dancing, we encourage you to sign up for the advanced session held on Monday evening; otherwise, you may sign up for the basic dance audition on Sunday evening. (Actors being considered for the roles of Maurice and Chip will not need to attend a dance audition.)
- Some people may be asked to read and sing again on Monday or Tuesday evening in what is called a “callback audition.” You will be notified if you need to attend this additional round of auditions.
- Prior to your audition, please fill out this online AUDITION FORM.
- Auditions will be held in the QCT Lab Theatre. Please enter through the QCT STAGE DOOR located off Kentucky street. This is the south side of the Oakley-Lindsay Center, and a ramp leads to the door labeled “STAGE DOOR.”
- Those auditioning should wear a mask when they enter the building and check in. Masks may be removed when they enter the Lab Theatre/Rehearsal Hall for their audition.
- Adult (age 16+) performers must be fully vaccinated prior to accepting a role with this production. (You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your final dose.)
- Students (under 16) who wish to be considered for the role of Chip are not required to receive the vaccination in order to audition/be cast.
6, 39 – Gaston, Lefou
9-10 – Gaston, Belle (Lefou)
11-12 – Belle, Maurice
22-23 – Silly Girls, Gaston
29-30 – Lumiere, Cogsworth
30-31 – Chip, Mrs. Potts
32-36, 65-66, 72, 83-84 – Belle, Beast
38 – Wardrobe, Belle
42-43 – Maurice, Gaston
46-47, 51, 85 – Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Lumiere
19-20, 52-53 – Lumiere, Babette
55 – Lumiere
87-88 – Monsieur D’Arque
94-95 – Gaston