At Quincy Community Theatre, our mission is to offer and perpetuate quality theatre entertainment and education in the performing arts through community participation. It is therefore our aim to employ qualified theatrical professionals with a love of the arts and a passion for sharing that love with others.
Box Office Assistant
The Box Office Assistant serves as a face of the organization and strives to provide a positive experience with every patron and/or volunteer interaction. Often times this person is the first contact a patron or volunteer will have with QCT. Customer service is of the utmost importance.
- Work in the box office 3 hours per day between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm
- Provide exemplary customer service to patrons at every interaction which includes on the phone, at the box office window, at performances, and other events
- Work at least ¼ of all performances as the House Manager. Among other duties, the House Manager
- opens and prepares the space for the production;
- oversees volunteer check in and prep before the start of the show;
- manages box office and will call;
- ensures the safety and well-being of patrons before, during, and immediately after the show
- communicates with the Stage Manager regarding the production start and intermission times; and
- closes the building at the end of the production.
- Open and distribute mail
- Assist with the preparation of cast packets and process cast ticket orders
- Efficiently operate within the ticketing system to pull reports, process season tickets, process show tickets, register individuals for classes, etc. upon completion of training
- Assist staff with various office tasks.
- Open and close the box office as needed;
- process invitations and reservations for preview performances and daytime student preview performances;
- process trade tickets and certificates, sponsor tickets and certificates, volunteer certifications, and donation certificates; and
- order supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of customer service experience
- Previous experience with ticketing or other customer-management software is a plus
- Availability to work Monday-Friday with weekend hours during the run of a show
To apply for the position, please email your resume, cover letter, and references to Sara Reuschel at firstname.lastname@example.org.