Quincy Community Theatre Reveals 2022 Season
Quincy Community Theatre will celebrate its 85th season with a return to the pure pleasure of theatre with a season line-up that balances classic and contemporary and celebrates hope and happiness.
“In crafting the season for 2022, I wanted our audiences to experience sheer theatrical joy,” says Artistic Director Brandon Thomsen. “Each show selected will bring the audience a thrill and remind them why there is nothing like live theatre. ‘Life is Banquet,’ Auntie Mame would say, and everyone in the community has a seat at the QCT table.”
The 2022 Season ticket includes:
- MAME BY JERRY HERMAN, JEROME LAWRENCE, ROBERT E. LEE, AND PATRICK DENNIS (April 1-3 & 7-10) – When young Patrick is plucked from his rural upbringing in Iowa to live with his wildly enthusiastic New York socialite Auntie Mame, he swiftly learns that “Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!” Mame’s captivating optimism and zest for life endear her to (almost) everyone she crosses paths with. Packed with musical theatre classics, such as “It’s Today” and “We Need a Little Christmas,” Mame will leave you feeling exhilarated and full of hope!
- LEGALLY BLONDE: THE MUSICAL MUSIC AND LYRICS BY LAURENCE O’KEEFE & NELL BENJAMIN • BOOK BY HEATHER HACH • BASED ON THE NOVEL BY AMANDA BROWN AND THE METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER MOTION PICTURE
(July 14-17 & 21-24) – Look out Harvard—here comes Elle Woods! Determined to win back her boyfriend and prove she’s more than a pretty sorority girl, Elle and her adorable chihuahua, Bruiser, tackle stereotypes, the Ivy League, and the courtroom in this inspiring musical that raises the bar on comedy!\
- CALENDAR GIRLS BY TIM FIRTH
(September 9-11 & 15-18) — The ladies are taking it all off—for a good cause! Determined to honor their late friend, a tight-knit group of friends poses for an “alternative” nude calendar as a cheeky fundraiser. When they suddenly become an international sensation, the ladies find both their self-confidence and friendships challenged. Based on a true story, this play offers laughs and life lessons for all seasons!
- FLORA & UNLYSSES BASED ON THE BOOK BY KATE DiCAMILLO • ADAPTED FOR THE STAGE BY JOHN GLORE
(October 20-23) – An imaginative 10-year-old, Flora Belle Buckman, is in for a surprise when she witnesses an incident involving a self-propelled vacuum and a squirrel. This adventurous and heartfelt story of flying superheroes, poetry, and friendship will delight audiences of every age.
- LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE THE MUSICAL BOOK BY RACHEL SHEINKIN • MUSIC BY RACHEL PORTMAN • LYRICS BY DONNA DI NOVELLI • BASED ON THE ‘LITTLE HOUSE’ BOOKS BY LAURA INGALLS WILDER
(December 8-11 & 15-18) – You remember the treasured TV series, now watch as Laura Ingalls takes to the stage! With Ingalls’ signature tenderness and light-hearted humor, Laura brings us along her family’s journey through song, dance, and captivating storytelling. Prepare to be swept away into the tumultuous, but ever uplifting, life on the prairie, live!
Family/Student Theatre productions for 2022 include:
- YOU’RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN BY CLARK GESNER, MICHAEL MAYER, ANDREW LIPPA, AND CHARLES M. SCHULZ
(February 3-6) – The gang’s all here as Charles Schulz’s beloved Peanuts characters come to life in this joyful, Tony Award-winning musical. Join Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Schroeder, Sally, and Snoopy as they navigate their daily struggles with humor, charm, and song while learning what true happiness is all about.
- TRAP BY STEPHEN GREGG
(June 11-12 & 17-18) – Last year in suburban California, every person in the audience of a theatre production fell unconscious–except one. A group of actors recreate interviews with witnesses, loved ones, first responders, and investigators in an attempt to unravel the truth of the incident. But as the strands weave together into an increasingly dangerous web, it becomes clear that the phenomenon may be more dangerous—and widespread— than anyone imagined. Unnerving, exhilarating, and wildly inventive, Trap is unlike anything you’ve seen on stage.
QCT also offers a touring production each spring. QCT on the Road brings a full production to local schools, libraries, and community facilities. The production and students change from year to year, but the goal remains the same: to expose as many students as possible to the performing arts! This season’s production is:
- MISS ELECTRICITY BY KATHRYN WALAT
(Available to tour in April and May) – Ten-year-old Violet is determined to show the world, not to mention the cool kids at school, just how special she is. With the help of her assistant Freddy, she sets out to break a world record, but becomes accidentally extraordinary when she’s struck by lightning — twice — and gains control over all things electric. Under the name Miss Electricity, Violet zaps her way through circuits, bullies, and tests, but could lose everything when the power goes to her head.
Audiences can catch every moment of the 2022 season and save up to 26% with Season Tickets. Packages are available for all schedules. Current season ticket holders may renew their seats beginning October 11, 2021 and current Fixed Season Ticket holders are guaranteed their 2020 seats through October 22. New subscribers may purchase Season Tickets beginning October 25. Season Tickets are available until April 15, 2022.