QCT Announces Fall Series Lineup
Quincy Community Theatre announced three large productions to launch QCT’s 2021 Fall Series. Sixteen months after it was scheduled to premiere on stage, the production of Chicago kicks it off in July followed by Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook in October and Disney’s Beauty and the Beast in November. While QCT has offered two in-house productions this spring, the Fall Series shows will mark the first time the theatre will return to full capacity since the start of the pandemic.
“QCT is so special because of the people who are involved as volunteers, patrons, and donors,” said executive director Sara Reuschel. “We are so excited to be able to fully return to what we do best which is to bring together individuals from across our area to tell and share stories. This announcement has been nearly 15 months in the making, and we are so excited to present this incredible line-up of shows to finish out the year. ”
QCT will offer a Fall Series Pass. Similar to a flex season ticket, this pass will include a ticket for each production – Chicago, Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook, and Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Prior to each production, the patron will be able to select the performance date that works best with their schedule and reserve their seats before tickets go on sale to the general public. A Fall Series Pass is $50 and will be available to purchase beginning June 2 at 10 am at 1qct.org or by calling the Box Office at (217) 222-3209.
Important dates for the Fall Series include:
- June 2- 25: Fall Series Passes will be on sale. Patrons may purchase their pass and reserve their seat for the Chicago performance of their choice
- June 2-25: Those who still have Chicago tickets from the 2020 production may contact the Box Office to select the performance of their choice
- June 8 and 9: Auditions for Chicago
- June 28: Tickets for Chicago go on sale the public
- July 12: Discovery Night for Chicago at 6 pm
- July 22-25 and July 29-August 1: Chicago performances
- August 17: Auditions for Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook
- August 23: Fall Series Pass holders may reserve their seat for Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook
- August 30: Tickets for Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook go on sale to the public
- September 18-19: Auditions for Beauty and the Beast
- September 21: Discovery Night for June B. Jones is not a Crook at 6 pm
- October 1-3 and 8-10: Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook
- October 18: Fall Series Pass holders may reserve their seat for Beauty and the Beast
- November 1: Tickets for Beauty and the Beast go on sale to the public
- November 15: Discovery Night for Beauty and the Beast
- November 26-28 and December 2-5: Beauty and the Beast
The remaining shows from the original 2020 season – Calendar Girls, Legally Blonde, and The Trip to Bountiful – will be presented in 2022 with the addition of new titles to round out the season. The 2022 season will be fully announced in late September. QCT’s traditional Fixed and Flex Season Ticket packages will return and be available for purchase in mid-October.
QCT has remained very active since the COVID shutdown occurred offering six virtual productions, multiple sessions of virtual and in-person theatre classes, and, most recently, two in-person productions – The Belle of Amherst and Wonderful Things: The Songs of Jerry Herman which closes this Sunday, May 23, and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane will be presented June 16-20. Tickets for these two productions are available now.