Work at QCT!
At Quincy Community Theatre, our mission is to offer and perpetuate quality theatre entertainment and education in the performing arts through “community” participation. It is therefore our aim to employ qualified theatrical professionals with a love of the arts and a passion for sharing that love with others. Currently, QCT is looking for a(n):
Costume Designer for MARY POPPINS
Quincy Community Theatre is accepting resumes for the Costume Designer/Costume Shop Manager for its 2015 summer musical, MARY POPPINS. The musical opens July 16th and closes July 26th, 2015. A costume parade is scheduled for July 9th.
The responsibilities include the following:
- To design and acquire (build, pull from current stock, borrow, rent or purchase) all costumes (including accessories) for the musical MARY POPPINS. QCT has a large costume stock and has business partnerships with costume companies.
- To assist with fittings, oversee alterations and repairs, and serve as a consultant to the production staff during rehearsals, costume parade and performances.
- To work with volunteers and stay within our budget for MARY POPPINS of $3000.
- Maintain costume shop during the above mentioned production. She/he must also supervise costume strike.
- Maintain costumes and oversee equipment, do repairs, manage sending out costumes for dry cleaning and /or laundering.
The contract shall begin no later than May 18 and shall conclude July 31. These dates may be negotiable. Our budget for this contracted position is $3000, but may be negotiable based on the candidate’s experience. Housing will be provided.
If interested, please submit a résumé, references, and examples of previous costume designs and final products to Artistic Director Brandon Thomsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Productions photos exemplifying the costumes are encouraged.
NOTE: There is an opportunity for this position to become full time as QCT produces 5 Main stage productions, 3 student theatre productions, and one outreach production per year.