Work at QCT!
At Quincy Community Theatre, our mission is to offer and perpetuate quality theatre entertainment and education in the performing arts through “community” participation. It is therefore our aim to employ qualified theatrical professionals with a love of the arts and a passion for sharing that love with others. Currently, QCT is looking for a(n):
Scene Shop Professional
Quincy Community Theatre (QCT), a large regional community theater established in 1929, is seeking a scene shop professional to collaborate with our Scenic Designer/Technical Director and volunteers. This person must be a team player, have a positive professional attitude, and possess great problem solving skills. Ideal candidates should have theatre experience and must be able to build from computer assisted design illustrations. A degree in Tech & Design preferred, bachelor’s degree or equivalent accepted.
- Assist the Technical Director/Designer in construction and painting of scenic and prop elements for 5 main stage and 4 student theatre productions
- Organize and maintain the scene shop, the main stage, the blackbox space, and off-site storage facilities
- Order and procure materials as needed in conjunction with the TD
- Setup and run rentals and toured events and assist with QCT-produced events
- Work with volunteers and interns to build and run productions
- Assist in lighting and sound departments as needed
- Assist TD with day-to-day operations of the theatre
- Design opportunities are available
Knowledge of Auto-Cad & Q-Lab is helpful. Applicant will need at least a working knowledge of lighting and sound equipment and be able to or learn to design lights and run sound on a digital sound console. In addition to a nurturing and friendly environment, QCT provides a reasonable salary plus health insurance. The salary for this position starts at $1833.33 per month ($916.66 twice a month).
If interested, please submit a résumé, references, and examples of previous work to Executive Director Dan Conboy at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
ATTN: Dan Conboy, Executive Director
Quincy Community Theatre
300 Civic Center Plaza, Ste. 118
Quincy, IL 62301